- A scary monster and a super creep- a day in the life of the Eels Souljacker
- Uncle Deadly from the Muppets reviews, well, The Muppets film!
- Pearl Jam- A Band Apart (From Others From Seattle, At Least)
- A maverick at play, or how Lou Reed spent 1972 to 1975
- The kind of films that you know squat all’s going to happen in
Mr WordPress on Hello world!
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Lou Reed has been many things including incorrigible, experimental and humorous. The notorious rock critic, Lester Bangs, once described the “Phantom of Rock” as a “poison death dwarf”. Maybe he was, but he also produced one of the most varied and consistent … Continue reading
I’m sure everyone’s watched the kind of film where they’ve thought I might have well have gone maypole dancing for all this film is doing for me. Well, here’s an example of a film where you know that nothing’s going to happen … Continue reading
There is some music that transcends pre-conceived notions of what music is in its traditional, structured sense (think John Cage’s 4’33, which is essentially silence and more of a sound experiment). If you ever want to listen to music that really … Continue reading
Nirvana’s In Utero (1993) feels like a villain in a Classical Hollywood film- it has an antagonistic quality that is bolstered by everything from Kurt Cobain’s oblique lyrics and Steve Albini’s stifling production.